News & Events
The following News & Events are listed in chronological order starting with the most recent entry:
- March 5, 2015 - Boston SecureWorld 2015 - Founder & Principal Consultant, Scott L. Margolis will present an overview on establishing a high-performance Security Management Program at SecureWorld Expo in Boston. Event Details
- November 14, 2014 - ACA Milestone Achieved - SolutionLab continues to play a significant role in Massachusetts obtaining Federal Authorization to Connect (ATC) status for their new State-Based Health Exchange as part of the Patient Affordable Care Act. This initiative involved a comprehensive security and privacy assessment based on the CMS Harmonized Framework and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) 1075 Requirements spanning multiple private and public sector organizations. The new Massachusetts Health Exchange entered into service on 11/15.
- March 25, 2014 - Boston SecureWorld 2014 - Founder & Principal Consultant, Scott L. Margolis will present an overview of the Cyber Security aspects of the Patient Affordable Care Act at SecureWorld Expo in Boston. Event Details
- October 8, 2013 - ACA Milestone Achieved - SolutionLab plays significant role in Massachusetts obtaining Federal Authorization to Connect (ATC) status for their State-Based Health Exchange as part of the Patient Affordable Care Act. This milestone achievement followed a comprehensive security and privacy assessment based on the CMS Harmonized Framework and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) 1075 Requirements. The Massachusetts Health Exchange opened for business on 10/1 and is now serving the Commonwealth.
- September 9, 2013 - SecureHealth™ Update 2.0 Released - SolutionLab's SecureHealth Methodology™ v2.0 Released including enhanced support for Federal Compliance Requirements under the 2010 Patient Affordable Care Act.
- July 20, 2013 - Continuum Update 2.0 Released - SolutionLab's Continuum™ GRC Platform Update 2.0 Released with enhanced support for NIST Alerts and Asset Threat Correlation.
- July 1, 2013 - Road to ATO - 90 Days - SolutionLab continues to support the Commonwealth of Massachusetts towards their Security & Privacy Compliance objectives as mandated under the 2010 Patient Affordable Care Act.
- June 15, 2013 - Threat Sharing Collaboration - SolutionLab continues to support enhancement of Threat Sharing strategy for the Advanced Cyber Security Center.
- April 25, 2013 - ACSC Research Partner - SolutionLab's Founder named Research Partner supporting the Advanced Cyber Security Center (ACSC).
- March 27, 2013 - Boston SecureWorld Expo - Founder & Principal Consultant, Scott L. Margolis will present an overview and commercial applicability of the CMS Harmonized Security & Privacy Framework at SecureWorld Expo in Boston, MA.
- March 5, 2013 - Advanced Cyber Security center (ACSC) - Founder & Principal Consultant, Scott L. Margolis will provide an industry perspective on threat sharing by exploring public and private sector initiatives, types of services, knowledge and data sharing strategies, barriers to effective collaboration, and approaches to performance measurement.
- February 1, 2013 - Continuum GRC Asset Threat Alert Services - SolutionLab's Continuum GRC platform completes integration testing phase leveraging the NIST NVDM/CVE alerts.
- January 11, 2013 - SolutionLab engaged to expand ITIL assessment and implementation services for major mass transit system.
- December 15, 2012 - SolutionLab services extended to provide compliance and reporting services for defense related contractor providing occupational health and disability examination services.
- November 15, 2012 - SolutionLab engaged by a litigation support and services organization to enhance their customer facing security infrastructure and web presence
- June 27, 2012 - "Engagement Spotlight" - SolutionLab engaged to Establish Security & Privacy Compliance program for the New England States Collaborative for Insurance Exchange Systems (NESCIES) established to support and meet the goals of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (“ACA”) by creating information technology components for a Health Insurance Exchange and Integrated Eligibility System (HIX / IES) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act provides for each state to have a health insurance Exchange which is an organized marketplace to help consumers and small businesses buy health insurance in a way that permits easy comparison of available plan options based on price, benefits and services, and quality. As required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS), these Exchanges must perform business functions which require data from federal agencies, including the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Social Security Administration (SSA), and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Each of these Departments and agencies has unique data protection requirements.
SolutionLab is providing oversight to the Commonwealth's implementation of the “Harmonized Security and Privacy Framework” developed by CMS for these Exchanges, which provides a single, integrated, comprehensive approach to security and privacy that respects applicable federal requirements under FISMA, HIPAA, HITECH, the Privacy Act, Tax Information Safeguarding Requirements, and state and federal regulations.
- May 20, 2012 - Margolis Consulting Group, LLC (MCG) becomes SolutionLab, LLC as a Commonwealth of Massachusetts Limited Liability Company.
- May 1, 2012 - Continuum GRC is utilized with ISO 27002 controls on two client engagements in the Enterprise Risk Services practice.